Saturday, July 7, 2012

#8 - sun + shade = ?

It's hot. Sunlight is intense.
People deal with it in different ways:

1) they don't seem to mind it;
2) they want to have more of it so they actually bury themselves on what I would call the "UV-coffins" to get even more orange than what they already look (they look like coffins and their are surely not doing any good to the DNA of those skin cells... yes I am an advocate of mindful interactions with sunlight);
3) they protect themselves from the sun with what I thought "it's a sunbrella"!

I thought it was a brilliant word! Of course someone as creative and way faster than me has already thought of it before... and patented it... Sunbrella.com ...selling acrylic canvas-like fabric for in and outdoor furniture and shading. Bummer...

Anyway, around this time of the year there are a lot of 'my' sunbrellas walking up and down NYC's avenues.


No comments:

Post a Comment